Moving to a new home in Beaufort is exciting. Moving to a new home with a new baby is even more exciting. Not sure where to start? Many experts say to get down on all fours and crawl around your home to get a baby's perspective. You will be surprised to find out what you did not know! Here are a few tips on baby proofing your home to make it safe for your child.
1. Put safety plugs in all your unused electrical outlets.
2. Lock cabinets containing chemicals and dangerous objects.
3. Make sure your garage door automatically reverses when closing if an object crosses the sensor.
4. Furniture with sharp edges should be reinforced or moved out of the way of high traffic areas.
5. Ensure that the toilet lid has a latch for it to stay closed. This helps with potentially drowning and keeps the lid from coming down on the baby's head or hands.
Beaufort SC Real Estate - Exit Realty of Beaufort Your Local Real Estate Professionals
Exit Realty of Beaufort is located in coastal Beaufort South Carolina and serves the local markets of Ladys Island, Port Royal, St Helena Island, Harbor Island, Fripp Island, Dataw Island, Cat Island, in the greater Beaufort County. We offer full service real estate listings and buyers' representation, long term property management, vacation beach rentals, and real estate investment representation. Call us at 843-521-2022.