Did you know Beaufort's main source of water comes from Savannah, Georgia? Though we have an excellent source, it is always important to conserve as much as possible. It not only helps out the planet, but helps out your wallet as well.
You spend a lot of money keeping up with your home, but have you ever considered how much money you can save by doing simple things around your home? Saving water is not only environmentally friendly, but cost efficient. Here are ten easy ways you can save money on water:
1. Put food coloring in your toilet tank. If it seeps into the bowl without flushing, there’s a leak. Fix it and start saving gallons.
2. Monitor your water bill for unusually high use. Your bill and water meter are tools that can help you discover leaks.
3. Run your washer and dishwasher only when they are full. You can save up to 1,000 gallons a month.
4. Collect the water you use while rinsing fruit and vegetables. Use it to water house plants.
5. Catch water in an empty tuna can to measure sprinkler output. 3/4 to 1 inch of water is enough to apply each time you irrigate.
6. Put plastic bottles or float booster in your toilet tank
7. Take shorter showers
8. Avoid flushing the toilet unnecessarily
9. Defrost your foods in the refridgerator instead of running water. It not only saves water, but is food safe.
10. Don’t let the water run continuously when shaving, brushing your teeth or shaving.
Beaufort SC Real Estate - Exit Realty of Beaufort Your Local Real Estate Professionals
Exit Realty of Beaufort is located in coastal Beaufort South Carolina and serves the local markets of Ladys Island, Port Royal, St Helena Island, Harbor Island, Fripp Island, Dataw Island, Cat Island, in the greater Beaufort County. We offer full service real estate listings and buyers' representation, long term property management, vacation beach rentals, and real estate investment representation. Call us at 843-521-2022.